Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC) offer a safe way to invest your money, as your principal and interest rate are guaranteed. Whatever you’re saving for, keep your money secure with GICs.
Why invest in a GIC?
Because you’re guaranteed to keep what you invest, GICs are a great choice if you’re looking for a safe place to keep your savings. And because there are many different types of GICs to choose from, it’s easy to find one that fits your particular savings goal. For example, GICs might be the perfect fit for you if you are:
- Retired and need guaranteed savings to fund your future with confidence
- Looking for a secure place to hold your savings for a while – whether it’s for the short-term or an extended period of time
- Not sure when you might need access to your money
- Looking to save money for a major purchase or expense – such as a home, wedding or vacation
- A corporate entity and looking for savings diversification and stability (such as for a condo corporation reserve fund, or for property or equipment purchases)
Oaken Financial GICs
At Oaken, our GICs give you the opportunity to build your savings on your terms, with flexible options that put you in control of your money. With our GICs, you’re in the driver’s seat:
- We offer a variety of terms ranging from 30 days to 5 years, so it’s easy to find one that matches your timeline
- You can decide how often you want to receive interest payments – monthly, semi-annually, annually or at maturity (for terms of one year or more)
- Choose between having flexible access to your money, or locking it for a set time period if you know you don’t need it for a while
- Select from either Home Bank or Home Trust Company for each deposit, both of which are separate members of CDIC
Invest in security
All our GICs are eligible for Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) coverage, up to applicable limits, so your savings are protected and your money will be there when you need it.
Build your savings
We offer some of the highest GIC rates available. That means you can enjoy the combination of guaranteed principal and the opportunity to securely build your savings over time.
Make the most of your money with proven investment strategies
Ladder by maturity date
Instead of putting all of your savings into one GIC, consider dividing it up among multiple GICs with different maturity dates. You can earn the higher rates that come with longer term GICs, while having access to some of your money sooner with shorter term GICs. Plus, only a portion of your investment will be exposed to interest rate changes at any given time, providing protection against any fluctuations in the market.
What GICs are right for you?
Our range of GIC options are available in both Registered or Non-registered plans. To learn more about each, click on a link below:
|Non-Registered GICs||Registered GICs|
|Personal | Commercial||TFSA | RSP | RIF|