You work hard for your money, and we understand that you may have questions about investing with Oaken Financial.
When it comes to your savings, you have every right to be selective when choosing who to save with. We want you to be assured that we take the safety of your funds very seriously. As part of our commitment to openness and transparency, here’s what you need to know about Oaken Financial.
Eligible for CDIC coverage
All Oaken GICs and savings accounts are available through either Home Bank or Home Trust Company, both of which are separate members of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). This means that funds deposited with either issuer are eligible for full CDIC coverage, up to applicable limits. It ensures that your savings are protected in exactly the same way as the big banks, and that you can count on your money being there when you need it. Please visit the CDIC website for more details.
The Oaken advantage
In addition to the safety and security that comes with full CDIC coverage for your investments, we also offer some of the highest savings rates available in Canada. You’ll never be charged a fee to open an account, and there are no other monthly or individual transaction fees.
Keeping you informed
We fully appreciate the importance of providing our customers with current information to help them invest with confidence. Below you will find links to recent press releases, communications and other related content, and we’ll continue to update this page as and when any significant developments occur. You can also visit the website of our parent company, Home Capital Group, for further information.
- Home Capital appoints Yousry Bissada as President and CEO – July 12, 2017
- Home Capital sparks GIC bonanza (BNN) – June 23, 2017
- Wavering on Home Capital high-interest GICs? Buffet’s got your back (Globe & Mail) – June 22, 2017
- A message to Oaken Financial customers – June 22, 2017
- Warren Buffett on how he struck the Home Capital deal (Globe & Mail) – June 22, 2017
- Alan Hibben talks about Home Capital’s deal with Berkshire Hathaway (BNN) – June 22, 2017
- Home Capital reaches agreement with Berkshire Hathaway – June 21, 2017
- Home Capital announces agreement with KingSett Capital to sell commercial mortgage assets – June 20, 2016
- Home Capital announces agreement to settle with OSC – June 14, 2017
We truly appreciate your business, and we’re committed to helping you make the most of your money. We encourage you to contact a member of the Oaken team if you have any questions. You can reach us at 1-855-625-3622, Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 8:00pm.