We’ve hit a milestone in conservative investing – a 5 per cent return from guaranteed investment certificates.
TORONTO, June 24, 2022 – Oaken Financial, an online player in financials services, says it will offer 5 per cent for a five-year term starting Friday. The new rate for the one-year term seems a milestone as well: 4.05 per cent. Read more
Oaken Financial Increases Annual Interest Rate on Five-Year GIC to 4.00%
TORONTO, April 14, 2022 – Oaken Financial (“Oaken”), the direct-to-consumer brand backed by Home Bank and powered by Home Trust Company, today announced an increase in the annual interest rate on its five-year Guaranteed Investment Certificate to 4.00%*, effective April 14, 2022.
“This is the first time in over a decade that Canadians will have the option to invest their savings for five years at a 4.00% guaranteed rate,” said Mike Henry, Executive Vice President, Digital and Strategy at Home Trust. “Oaken is proud to be a leader in delivering value to savers in Canada.”
Oaken has grown to more than $4.4 billion in deposits through its focus on great value, simple solutions and serving customers in the way they want to be served. Read more
- CFF Bank changes its name to Home Bank – July 21, 2016
- Home Trust Company completes acquisition of CFF Bank – October 1, 2015
- Home Trust Company to acquire CFF Bank – August 10, 2015
- Oaken new stores aim to educate, inspire and engage – June 26, 2015
- Canadians 55+ don’t know if their bank is giving best deal – November 20, 2014
- Oaken launches Online Banking service – June 17, 2014
- Home Trust launches Oaken Financial – December 11, 2013
- Rob Carrick: DIY investors, it’s go-time for buying GICs. Yes, GICs. - The Globe and Mail
A sound alternative to taking a beating in bonds right now is to use guaranteed investment certificates instead. Now happens to be a great time to buy GICs.
GICs are used by banks and other financials to raise money for lending, including mortgages. It’s spring, peak season for home sales. And so, we’re seeing a more competitive GIC market than we’ve had in a while. You can see this in the rates available through digital brokers – aka online brokers. Read more
- Best GICs of 2018
Ratehub (May 22, 2018)
- Top Canadian GICs, Chequing, and Savings Accounts of 2017
Ratehub (February 6, 2018)
- A lesson learned from the lure of a high-yield return
Toronto Star (July 27, 2016)
- Changing times: How some banks are encouraging you to save
Globe & Mail (July 2, 2015)
- Banking on Millennials
LinkedIn Pulse (June 26, 2015)
- Second Canadian Oaken Financial store opening in Calgary
Calgary Herald (June 24, 2015)
- GICs vs. Savings Bonds
Ratehub (May 26, 2015)
- Who to Bank With: It’s Your Choice
Ratehub (May 18, 2015)
- Oaken Financial Adopts Cafe Banking Concept
RateSupermarket (May 13, 2015)
- Oaken Financial aims to make saving a walk in the woods
Toronto Star (May 11, 2015)
- How to Beat the Bank and Boost Your GIC Return
Ratehub (April 16, 2015)
- How to Buy a GIC Online from Oaken Financial
Financial Crooks (April, 2015)
- How to Grow Your Bank Account in 10 Easy Steps
BrazenWoman (March 9, 2015)
- Best of Finance 2014: Best Bank Accounts in Canada
RateSupermarket (December 22, 2014)
- Is a Free Tablet Worth Switching Banks For?
RateSupermarket (November 26, 2014)
- Home Trust Introduces New Savings and GIC Brand Oaken Financial
RateSupermarket (December 12, 2013)
- Shopping around pays off in long run
Winnipeg Free Press (November 21, 2014)
great rates this spring
120 DAY GIC
180 DAY GIC
270 DAY GIC
Interest rates shown are subject to change at any time.
Are you an existing Oaken customer?Other ways to open an account
Commercial applications can be downloaded here and mailed to us.
Or if you prefer to make an appointment to apply in person, you can do so by viewing our Oaken store locations. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 1-855-OAKEN-22 (625-3622) from Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST and Saturday from 9:00AM to 5:00pm EST.