Some of the best GIC rates available
Our interest rates are among the highest in Canada, with no teaser rates, hidden fees or any other gimmicks. This means you can enjoy the combination of guaranteed principal and the opportunity to securely build your savings over time.
Why invest in a GIC?
Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC) offer a safe way to invest your money, because your principal and interest rate are both guaranteed. This makes GICs a great choice if you’re looking for a secure place to keep your savings.Oaken GICs give you the opportunity to build your savings on your terms, with flexible options that put you in control of your money. With our GICs, you’re in the driver’s seat:
We offer a variety of terms ranging from 30 days to 5 years, so it’s easy to find one that matches your timeline
It’s up to you how often you want to receive interest payments – monthly, semi-annually, annually or at maturity (for terms of one year or more)
You can select from two issuers for each deposit – Home Bank and Home Trust Company – both of which are separate members of CDIC
Choose between having flexible access to your money, or locking it for a set time period
What GICs are right for you?
There are many different types of GICs to choose from, so it’s easy to find one that fits your particular savings goal, whether it’s for retirement, for a major purchase or expense, or if you simply need to keep your money safe for a certain period of time. Our range of GIC options are available in both Registered or Non-registered plans. Click to learn more about each one.
- Non-registered GICsOffers the security and guaranteed growth of a GIC and has more flexibility than registered plans. Learn more
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)The flexibility and simplicity of TFSAs makes it a smart choice for various savings needs. Learn more
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)Save for retirement while taking advantage of the tax benefits that come with contributing to an RSP. Learn more
- Retirement Income Fund (RIF)A retirement income option that gives you security and control. Learn more
- Commercial GICsA great instrument for protecting principal, and ensuring it remains secure. Learn more
Invest in security
All Oaken GICs are eligible for the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) coverage through either Home Bank or Home Trust Company, up to applicable limits, so your savings are protected and your money will be there when you need it.Learn more